So this Saturday is EdCamp OKC but it is in Norman at Irving Middle School! I am super excited because I love to see our students and grads and hear what they are up to.
Check out what an EdCamp is all about
They still have seats left, I really hope that you will join us!
Why to EdCamp as a Professor:
- it helps you build connections with local schools!
- It helps your students network and find jobs.
- You learn new things!
- You get ideas for your classroom.
- Even if you don’t teach teachers, it can help you know what is happening in K-12 schools and improve your way of reaching Freshman and underclassmen at the University.
- You can learn about the Unconference Model.. (we should do more of this in Higher Education).
- It is Fun!
How do I Edcamp? I am more a hallway person,I may not go to many sessions but I talk to everyone. Also, I always do a session about what future teachers want to know. My students are usually too nervous to run their session, but I can lead them and model for them. In this session, I invite teachers and administrators to come and answer our preservice teacher questions. It is a lot of fun, I get to know my students better, and I love how administrators that I don’t know come to meet potential employees.
If you are a professor, there may be an EdCamp near you and this would be a great way to connect with your community.