I currently just arrived at the MITE Conference – Mobile Technologies in Teacher Education http://www.mite2017.com I am really excited to be here for a few reasons..
- I am talking about things that I am passionate about with people who are also passionate.. These include:
- Preservice teacher education
- Use of mobile technologies in Preservice teacher education
- Talking about topics like Coding, Credentialing, (Apple Teacher)
- I am excited to learn about how they are approaching things and might get some new ideas.
Also CalState Teach is the host. http://www.calstateteach.net/ This is teacher education program that uses a lot of virtual technologies and online education. I am excited to learn some online strategies for use with the 21st Century Masters Program. (http://bit.ly/21stcenturyteaching ) I think I could learn a lot from them.
CalState Teach is also an Apple Distinguished Program and so I would like to see more what they are doing. Currently there are only a few ADP’s in Teacher Education Programs in the country.
I have three presentations:
3:00 on Friday about my Preservice Teacher Interning Study with experience sampling.
11:15 on Saturday -About the projects that my students create.
1:00 on Saturday – About a group of College of Education Faculty that I worked with to create digital content to share.
Two of them have iTunesU courses.. there will be a little more polish yet.. but here are the courses.
Preservice Teachers Technology Projects – 11:15 Saturday
College of Education Summit Courses 1:00 Saturday