Okay.. here goes nothing.. I am using Badgelist, I am going to try to convert all of my exploration assignments into badges.. I have set them up as public badges on Badgelist.
- It is free
- It is public and all things about creativity and 21st century learning is about public display.
- It is open and Open is what we should be modeling for our students.
- It allows for easier critique.
- It provides a public data point for our CAEP
- Students can link to it as part of their own portfolio and job application materials.
Since I have been so resistant to the idea of badging.. you might find it interesting to follow my first foray into the badging world..
The student badges will found at https://www.badgelist.com/EIPT-3043
PS.. I did need to pull a few assignments back to Canvas because of Ferpa concerns but large several step activities were broken down into steps. For example – DonorsChoose critiques is a badge, but writing your own Donorschoose practice for a classroom you are observing is within Canvas.